newbie ... glad i'm not alone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

first time fishtank owner

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, i've just turned 31 & since i'm renting the only pet i can keep is fish. so i've invested in a 20 litre tank & have four balloon mollies, four guppies and two bristlenose fish. In the last couple of days I noticed that one of my balloon mollies was being picked on by two of the bigger mollies. After googling some sites to find out how to deal with it I found out I have two male and two female mollies and it looks as though the girls are pregnant and that's why one of them was being harrassed. I'm only on week three of owning a fish tank so its all very exciting and maybe a little scary ;)
I think one of them is about to pop so she must have been pregnant when I bought her (there will be some words with the guy in my local aquarium where I bought my fish, lol!!!). Any advice you can give on how best to keep my pregnant fish calm and happy would be greatly appreciated. While she is still being hassled by the males she doesn't seem to care, she just keeps pecking at the pebbles on the floor ... is that normal? She's really only started doing this in the last couple of days.
:p

Back
Top Bottom