Newbie here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rachaelsosilly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone! I'm Rachael, I'm 20 and I just got into fish keeping as a hobby. Right now my glorious set up is an 8 gallon tank with the following:
1 betta
1 ADF
1 oto
1 platy
1 mollie
1 zebra danio

I'm having problems with the betta and the mollie, but other than that the betta gets along with everyone else. I feel bad for the poor mollie.

Well, I work at a Pet store, so I'm quickly learning everything I need to know about fish keeping, but I'd love to have some advice and feedback from people who have turned pro at it! So please, please, please advice me away!

Welcome to the site! You will get tons of great advice if you post in the FW getting started section. Straight up salties, like me, like to say hello here but know nothing of the freshie world......

Hi and Welcome to AA!

I'm having problems with the betta and the mollie, but other than that the betta gets along with everyone else. I feel bad for the poor mollie.

Your betta is too pretty for your mollie and vice versa. Sometimes bettas are ok in communities, others really prefer to be alone. You want to stay away from fish that have feathery tails (esp. guppies) or the betta will think it's another betta and fight/kill it. :(

If you have any questions you should post them in the Freshwater forums and you will get great advice.

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom