Newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DesertFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, I'm definitely an aquarium newbie. Been lurking for awhile and finally decided to register. Looks like a lot of good info and knowledgable people here.

Last week after months of procrastinating, I finally convinced my wife to get an aquarium. After a lot of reading and researching, we decided to buy a 56 gallon Marineland tank. It has been running for only 4 days. Sparsely populated for now until it gets cycled. For now there are 5 Zebra Danios, which look like tiny minnows in this big tank!

Anyway, off to post some ??'s!

29142-albums967-picture6678.jpg

Looks like a good start! Keep up on your water changes while you are cycling since you have fish in there.

Yes, please start daily 10% water changes and check your ammonia level to make sure it is ZERO (same for Nitrites).
After the tank is cycled you can cut back on the PWCs.

And

welcometoaa.gif

Glad to be here guys :)

I've been doing about 20% water changes daily since I added the Danios, so far Ammonia levels haven't budged and are still registering at zero. I'm figuring it'll take a while to cycle the tank with such little fishes but I'll definitely keep on top of it. One of the Danios (the smallest one and I think he was not healthy to begin with) I bought died on the second night but all the other 5 seem to be doing great so far. They came from PetSmart which probably wan't the best place to get them but....

Back
Top Bottom