Newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragonmommy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, I am Dragon, Dragonmommy, Dragoness, or just Amanda... you choose, lol.

Here is a little about me, then I will tell you about my hobby.

I am a SAHM of two kids ages 4 and 14 months and I am married. We live in Lake Tahoe, Ca
I enjoy family, friends, dragons, music, and of couse fishtanks.

My hobby:
Over the years I have kept many freshwater tanks from 5 gallons to 55 gallons, and a 150 gallon pond and a 1200 gallon pond. The ponds were short lived as I only cared for them while staying with my mother during a brief seperation from my husband. It was a new house complete with two ponds and NO instructions, we had a trial by fire kinda thing. During that time some fish spawned so me moved the eggs to a 10 gallon tank, now those fry are in the pond, I am home, and the tank is here and way overstocked.
Before I had my second kid I had a 55 gallon hex tank and loved it, but had to sell it when i was put on strict bedrest early in the pregnancy.
Now I have this 10 gallon and the darn tank bug bit me again. I went to my dad's tongiht and he scored me an awsome tank. He runs a storage unit, the tank was in an abandoned unit. Its a long tank with a nice wood cabinet. It seems to include some accessories, but I need to go through it all in the daylight.
So there it is, I have a 10 gallon but in the next few weeks I will be setting up the big tank. I am off to start a topic about that now.
Looking foward to meeeting you all!

Oh, I am the Queen of typos, lol, thats just me.

Welcome to AA and congratulations on getting a new tank. Feel free to post questions about almost any topic and I think you'll be happy with the answers you receive. Everyone here is both friendly and knowledgeable.

Welcome to AA! :wave:

Alright another person from California (y). Lake Tahoe is beautiful. I haven't been there in several years. My parents used to have a place in Tahoma on west shore. I was there quite a bit as a kid.

I am on the south shore, it is very beauitful here.. take a peek!
This is Meeks bay, west shore
img_513226_0_e3f635fe6f1c7be443f1c10595c79b86.jpg

This is the famous Emerald Bay, a few minutes from my home
img_513226_1_860f03d78b2f9fabe39d1995a96c3534.jpg

Hey, uh, I know we just met, but....you think I can come live with you? :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom