Newbie here need advise... All gurus welcome :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ngraceg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My new 90gal tank is still cycling and I'm now getting worried :ermm: about the fish that are already there in it :fish1:(6 angels, 10 lemon tetras, 6 bleeding heart tetras, 2 bala, 2 rainbow sharks, 6 snails, 2 blue gourami, 2 golden gourami, 2 pearl gourami)… 3 week up… 2 weeks to go… :confused: Also have 3 pcs of driftwood, a plant, a lava rock and some big white rock like slabs. Need to do some minor water changes… :) I’ve maintained 27-28 degrees and 2 filters which I alternate and use… if I put both filters ON then all the fish fly from one end of the tank to the other and back… :(

Dims of my tank are 170x60x40 cm and its kinda not that easy to have access to test kits here in my city...

First of all, bala sharks need schools of 6, and need about 300 gallon tanks. You're gonna need to be doing lots of water changes, like a 50% every day, and test daily. You'll need to order the API master kit online. You can get it for about 30 bucks. It's essential for cycling.

i had high levels at first to waiting for my tank to cycle properly, i took advice from here @ AA and it worked everything is great, i did a partial water change daily adding stress coat and zyme according to instructions on labels, and all is fine and no fish loss. oh and welcome to AA

Back
Top Bottom