Newbie in TX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Greetings from North Texas!

After a 12 year break from aquariums (lost a 55 gallon reef in divorce) I have decided to jump back in and get another tank!
I bought an 75 gallon established tank from a girl that is moving. She also had a 45 gallon that she had fish only in and only wanted $45 bucks for it, so I brought them both home, YIKES! So, shopping we will go.

I am in the process of looking for a stand for the 75 gallon (that I like better) and getting everything on the tank up to speed! From what I can tell the overflow needs to be replaced (has a crack) and the lighting needs to be upgraded. Once that is in place we're ready to go!

I do want to say that this is a Wonderful site. Great information and help!
I look forward to chatting with you guys and learning more about keeping these great creatures! :hat:

Many Thanks

Thanks for the Hearty Welcome...

The Stand and Canopy have now been ordered.. yeah! Should be here the middle of next week, so I am getting water ready so that it can sit for awhile and I will be ready to get the tank going.
I feel like a little kid with a new toy. :lol:

Once the tank is balanced I will be placing an order for more LR and then we can move on to the others. I am in hopes of having a decent looking tank by Christmas, but all good things come in time, so here we go!

Thanks again...

Kool beans. Jusy make sure you don't move too fast in order to have something going by Christmas.

Patience. Got plans for a QT tank? :soap:

Thanks austinsdad....
I totally understand and will do everything in order. Since the tank was established and we have the filer media as well as saving about 1/2 the water, I am hoping that the cycle time will be shorter. if not so be it. it fun just working on it and studying. My husband on the other had will want to put fish in immediately, that will be the fun part, is slowing him down!
thanks again for the advice, I will definitely take you up on it! :D

Your husband sounds like me when I got setup. At least there's you to help him out. I just had me - who was absolutely no help at all. :roll:

Good luck.

Your too funny! I did get a copy of "Saltwater Aquariums for Dummies" and found him reading it the other night. First I thought that would be a good thing, however, some of his comments lead me to believe that it is going to giving him enough knowledge to be dangerous. :crazyeyes:

Quick question, on my quarentine tank, should I set up a 10 gallon with a small filter etc and water from the main tank? That is what I have planned. I am actually thinking about placing it under the main tank inside the cabinet?! What do you think? :)

:p Welcome sunny. I've got two words for you. Saltwater Paradise. On O'connor just off of 183 in Irving. The big kids candy store. :lol: :)

Hey electricat... Many thanks, I will definitely check it out.
I was going to ask what all they have, but the note sums it up...
Big Kids Candy Store. Thanks Again!

Check out the price difference in a 20g with cheap flourescent lights. Could give you a little more buffer for ammonia while bigger fish are in QT. Maybe someone else could offer an opinion on that, but that's my thinking. Lemme know what you find out.

Just stopped by the office for a minute, otherwise wouldn't have seen this 'til Monday.

Back
Top Bottom