Newbie- moonlight gourami help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lauren2468

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I am new to this site, have been looking around and finding out some interesting things. Just wondering if anyone knows much about moonlight gouramis? We've just purchased 2, however the one that is slightly larger is missing quite a lot of his tail, as if it was chewed on whilst in the store. Will it grow back? And is there anything I can do to help promote the regrowth? Thanks in advance x

Probably would have been better to only buy I I top condition I would return for one in better condition . Are they all males . I hear they do best with two females per male or only one male per tank but that depends on tier temporment. Is your tank heavily decorated with real or fake plants to break up sight of each other .

Hello- thanks for the reply.. Unfortunately s/he didn't come from a local shop so we can't take it back :( just want to know if they do grow back eventually

If you do frequent water changes . Do you have a.picture ? I hear they can be sensitive to water conditions mine are doing good though only had mine a couple weeks. I own dwarf gourami. What size tank do you have the regulars get like 6 inch but my dwarfs only get 2-3 females tend to be less colorful than males and males are bright colored

Yep- am religious with water changes :) sure as you can see the bigger ones tail is nothing like the other one x

image-879898366.jpg

image-3855907674.jpg

They are moonlight gouramis, was told average size 13-15cm.. We have a 125l tank :)

Yes so that's round about 15 cm? We did research before we bought them I was simply asking advice about the tail, I feel bad for the poor guy

It doesn't look to bad just keep a eye that it doesn't get worse or develops fin rot

I've had Bettas that had fin damage grow it back it just won't look as nice as the others .. I don't do measurements in liters an centimeters . Where do you live

That's what I thought . Good luck here's a pic of my dwarfs

image-646464534.jpg both males I seperate tanks I will try them together soon

Attachments

• image-1944970152.jpg
    image-1944970152.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 53
Very nice! I have a dwarf too who seems to get on really well with the moonlights :)

image-2199042587.jpg

I hope my subset color doesn't cause problems... I may try a blue dwarf gourami if it doesn't work or if it does I will get a blue and a fire dwarf gourami I love them

Back
Top Bottom