Newbie :o)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NatalieFinniss

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I am new to keeping fish and to this forum.

I have a Biorb Halo 30 litre tank with 5 adult Platys (all girls) and 1 baby that is managing to survive against all the odds. They seem to be doing quite well, as the tank was only set up in August of this year. I am totally smitten with all my girls, and just love watching them and dare i say it, talking to them too, although they don't say much back haha.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Natalie

Hello fellow Biorb owner! I have 2 orbs and one ube. I don't care for their razor sharp media and use substrat pro or biohome instead. But my tanks are doing great and everyone who sees them are smitten. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476275161.952750.jpg

The Biube is still being set up. I used established media but watching the water before adding any fish.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476275245.591248.jpg

Please post pics of your tanks soon. Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi

Oh wow your tanks look fantastic. Have you been keeping fish long?

Because I'm new to this I'm doing everything by the book, and quite possibly making life harder for myself, which is really why I have joined this forum, for helpful tips and info.

I'm sorry but I don't know how to add a picture of my tank.

Natalie

We had fish when I was growing up and off and on myself for the past 30 years.

I think there are some how to threads somewhere. I use the mobile app on my iPhone that has a pic icon so it's easy. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476282159.789530.jpg

oh wow, i will try and download the ap. That will make life so much easier, especially as i only have access to a pc at work! Thank you so much.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476283631.000705.jpg my tank when I just had 3 little Platys residing there.

Natalie

Very pretty. I love the contrast of the grey tube sculpture and white with the colors of the fish making them stand out.

Thank you. It's very much work in progress and a little trial and error as to what I like but my fish dislike and vice versa, but hopefully we eventually will have a tank that they'll love they'll be happy in there and live long healthy lives.

Natalie

Hi, welcome to the forum :) pretty tank!

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Back
Top Bottom