Newbie saying hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smiler67

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
My tank has been up and running since May. It is my first, but my experience with tropical fish came from my brother-in-law and ex.
The tank is a 60 litre, in it I have an underwater filter with an airstone attached, a seperate filter, a seperate airstone, a heater and a blue underwater light. The lid light bulb is in the process of being replaced.
The occupants are: 2 plecs, 2 danios, 5 neons, 2 grown guppies and 2 baby guppies. There is 1 neon in my quarantine tank because he is losing colour....I looked on this site for information, that is why I decided to join.

Loss of color is usually a diet problem. First look to the food you are using. If food is not the problem then look to water problems or internal parasites. I suggest look at your water changes and how often you are doing them. Secondly...how often are you changing out your filter carbon? 4 weeks is about as long as carbon lasts. After 4 weeks it is saturated and can start to release toxins back into your tank. The simplest answers are frequently the solution to complex problems.
Good luck......Dwayne

Back
Top Bottom