newbie saying Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackie1966

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I am Jackie from Scotland :)
wondered for a while about my aquarium pump :( it sounds okay when I start to fill to the top of tank then when I get to max fill level or a wee bit below it the pump sounds like it is struggling to cope so I remove some water till it sounds happy again, bought the pump at same time as tank and its always been this way, do I need a stronger pump as I dont like seeing the water line below the hood? or is it working fine and I am just being finicky...
Tank is Juwel Rekord 600 -community fish-, nothing special except to me cause they are pretty, I have had it about 10 years
Thanks Jackie :)

Hi, I am Jackie from Scotland :)
wondered for a while about my aquarium pump :( it sounds okay when I start to fill to the top of tank then when I get to max fill level or a wee bit below it the pump sounds like it is struggling to cope so I remove some water till it sounds happy again, bought the pump at same time as tank and its always been this way, do I need a stronger pump as I dont like seeing the water line below the hood? or is it working fine and I am just being finicky...
Tank is Juwel Rekord 600 -community fish-, nothing special except to me cause they are pretty, I have had it about 10 years
Thanks Jackie :)

Hey Jackie and welcome to the family!

If you have had the tank for 10 years, and your still using the original filter it came with, I'm guessing it is just getting old. If your worried about it I say just replace it with a more, up-to-date, filter. I had my Whisper HOB Power Filter for around 3 to 4 years, it still worked but it was very loud. I just got a new filter and you can barely here it. I think filters just get warn out after a while, just like anything else would. And a ten year old filter, that's pretty old.

Also, if you want to try to get your questions asked faster, try posting your question in it's own thread, under the appropriate category.

Back
Top Bottom