Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-10-2015, 11:01 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Cleaned the tank yesterday, but had to take off on some business. Came home to one dead cat. The water is spot-on with the test strips. I was figuring food, since they don't seem to care about any food unless it runs directly past their face. I did drop some bottom-feeder pellets and a pair of algae tabs in... Not sure if they ate them or not.

They just don't care at all about food for some reason; I have four different foods and they don't "hunt" for it literally at all. :S

ceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:04 PM   #12
So I think it may be the light...

When the light is off, they love every inch of the tank, and will happily eat flake! None will come to the top for flake, but once it drops to their level, they suck it up like underwater vacuum cleaners!

But they all hide in the corner when the light is on, all but the pleco who again could care less...

They don't seem to care one bit if my computer monitors are on (one is 32" and BRIGHT when on a light page such as this, and it's less than 2ft from the tank), but when the hood light (regular fluor from the hood kit) is on, they refuse to move from under the pump and viking helm (the shadiest part) for ANY reason, no matter how hungry they may be, etc... And they don't seem to be interested in food once it's on the bottom if it sat there for any amount of time...

- CK

Old 05-13-2015, 05:55 AM   #13
So since separating the minnows from the tank into a bait bucket (where they should've been), my tank has cleared up, my cats are happy, and everything is groovy! Fathead minnows are probably the worst fish in the world as far as fish are concerned... :P

I've decided to rename the other guy Loki... Not sure which one died (cuz the blue net bit naturally worked its way loose from the other guy), but I found this one rooting up one of my Kyotos. Also cuz Thor and Loki and etc... **big nerd**

But ya, now everything is 150% groovy! Like magic or something... :P

They still hate the tank light being on; it's a the cheap Chinese fluorescent that came stuck inside the light fixture already! Once I get paid this week, I may invest in one of those nifty LED lights or possibly a different bulb at the very least...

Also, I'm pretty sure Thor has put on at least a quarter inch since I bought him... :P

- CK

newb, newbie

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com