Newbie with a passion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawklady

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I stumbled across your site after doing TONS of research for a 55 gallon tank that I'm setting up as a total novice. You see, I was pointed to aqadvisor on a different forum and told to keep it at 86% or under but my "dream" aquarium just wasn't adding up, despite the fact that the numbers seemed off in some instances. I found a thread here that reassured me that my 100% stock might not be so awful after all and am hoping to learn more here, without offending the folks who have been so generous to me elsewhere.

I have found that speaking with experienced aquarium keepers has more benifits than I can imagine. I have learned SO much from folks who have been so patient and given so much time to me in the other forum I first joined.

My main goal is to create a fantastic, colorful, and creative aquarium that myself and my two young children can enjoy for years to come. I'm going through a tough time. A painful divorce to a man who turned out to be abusive and this has become my healing, happy place.

So, I want to thank you all in advance for your time. I've already learned how fantastic folks in this hobby are and am simply looking to expand my network of support to ensure the best outcome for my new aquatic friends.

Thanks, I'm still trying to figure out how to stock it but will post pictures everywhere I have posted to repay folks for all their advice.

It'll be awhile. I'm going to take my time and do my best to get it right the first time.

Hi all,

I stumbled across your site after doing TONS of research for a 55 gallon tank that I'm setting up as a total novice. You see, I was pointed to aqadvisor on a different forum and told to keep it at 86% or under but my "dream" aquarium just wasn't adding up, despite the fact that the numbers seemed off in some instances. I found a thread here that reassured me that my 100% stock might not be so awful after all and am hoping to learn more here, without offending the folks who have been so generous to me elsewhere.

I have found that speaking with experienced aquarium keepers has more benifits than I can imagine. I have learned SO much from folks who have been so patient and given so much time to me in the other forum I first joined.

My main goal is to create a fantastic, colorful, and creative aquarium that myself and my two young children can enjoy for years to come. I'm going through a tough time. A painful divorce to a man who turned out to be abusive and this has become my healing, happy place.

So, I want to thank you all in advance for your time. I've already learned how fantastic folks in this hobby are and am simply looking to expand my network of support to ensure the best outcome for my new aquatic friends.
Welcome Hawklady...glad to have you on the forum. You've got plenty of time to decorate the tank before you add fish. A beautifully set up tank only needs a few beautiful fish to focus on and add movement. You will add them slowly anyway.

Back
Top Bottom