Newbie with questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lokinin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
First off, wanna let people know I'm here to look for some friends and answers (and maybe if I know some things I can give some answers to others). I am a ADF (african dwarf frog) person, the little guys are more fun to watch swimming than other fish (no offense to anyone). Especially when they eat they do jumping motions and suck in their food like bass.
I have some questions now that I am seeking answers to....
First question: is it okay to feed them live brine shrimp and if not, anyone know where i can get some live bloodworms instead? (I live in SLC Utah area just in case the info might help)
Second question: can ADF's be okay with algae eaters (such as: catfish, loaches, chinese/gold algae eaters, pleco's)

Welcome to the sight!!! The people at this sight are nice i'm sure you will make some friends. As for your questions feel free to start a new thread in the fresh water forums (and other forums if needed). I dont know about mixing ADF's with bottom feeders but i do know you can get blood worms at most of the LFS for me my walmart even sells them all they are is mosquito larva anyway. :)

just do your home work. for example, you will learn that chinese algae eaters are not chinese. Also they only really eat alge through adolescent stages, then they move up to bigger and better things......like attatching themselves to other fish causing damage to the victoms.

Welcome to AA! No ADF's should not be kept with pleco's or catfish. They can co-exsist with cories. I fed mine frozen bloodworms. Never had any availability on live foods here.

Back
Top Bottom