Newbie X2 (Forum & Fish Owner)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sydsmom367

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I’m Chris and very much a newbie. I’ve always wanted fish but never had one, but a couple of weeks ago my 7 yr old Daughter went to the county fair with Grandma and returned with a goldfish. We purchased a 1.5 gal tank, goldfish flakes and the stress coat water conditioner to take out chlorine. He seemed to be doing fine, but my girl wanted a companion for him, so a week later we got a comet goldfish for a playmate. I soon realized, after behavior changes and many Internet searches, they were in the wrong environment and soon started growing fungus. I tried to save them with a bigger 10 gal tank and fungus medicine, but needless to say, they died :(. So I completely broke down the tank, scrub everything with clean warm water and a washcloth, and reset the tank. I added stress coat, safe start, and aquarium salt. The next day, I took a water sample the pet store to have it tested. It tested just fine and was suggested to me to do an in-fish cycle, and that my best bet was to start with 2 male guppies. So here’s to day one. Wish me luck :)

Back
Top Bottom