Newish member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robbie90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, im Robbie. Live all the way over in England (seems most people live across the pond from me...).
Not long started with the whole fish thing but found i have alot of time on my hands and it's a lovely, relaxin hobby sometimes.... although i have just had a stressfull time with a bad bacterial infection and lost the majority of my favourate fish - Guppies- which is 1 of the main reasons i'm here really - to get advice (which i got and it really helped!).
I started off with a 60 litre tank with a mixture of fish that came with it. In the end i had guppies, neons and 1 cherry barb... although at the time i never knew what it was so i called her Tiger Lil.
I learn't the hard way that guppies where such dirty :censor: when every now and again there'd be an extra random fish swimmin about so i thought it was best to upgrade. I got myself a 300 litre tank which i now keep the adult fish in and have the 60 litre tank full of babies which i planned on taking to the pet shop untill i lost most my guppies, now i think i'll keep them- think it's quite excitin watching them grow their colours!
i've now also upgraded my baby tank to a 180 litre tank so as soon as thats cycled i'll keep the babies in it and get rid of the 60 litre... at the moment my flat looks like a small branch of 'Seaworld'!
Thats all i have at the moment- a planted 60 litre tank full of baby guppies, platties and cherry red shrimps, and a planted 300 litre with 1 clown loach, 1 sucking loach, 1 peppered catfish, 1 tiger lil, 6 platties, 8 neons and about 10 guppies.... still having suprise fish appear but im not upgrading again!!!! oh and i have a few algie shrimps and 1 mountin rock shrimp - he's great... does nothing but sits and fans...
Cheers for reading.
Rob.
:eating:

Welcome from the "Dark Side"...ever thought of switching to saltwater?

Hi Robbie nice to see another UK resident! Welcome... i'm a bit of a newbie here myself but i'm sure you'll find all the advice you'll ever need if any!

Back
Top Bottom