Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-16-2012, 04:32 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Smile Nice to meet ya!

Take a mo and read my profile (I'm lazy to re-type ) !

My husband and I are the proud parents/grandparents/greatgrandparents ( ) of guppies, Apple Snails (80% sure that's what they are) and 1 Rainbow Shark named Bruce (Yes, Finding Nemo is our favourite animation!! )!

My tanks seem to be VERY healthy as breeding seems to be non-stop lately (they had to mature first... )

Will be asking advice soon. First want to acquint myself with this fab forum site thingy...

for being here!

Old 03-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

3 tanks:
1. Octagonal 20l tank with mini-titanic (lol) and china wall (lol) and cave = Home of Bruce (fish are friends NOT food, does not seem to be my Rainbow Shark's motto. He shares his tank reluctantly with 2 Apple Snails
2. Rectangular 30l tank with no substrate yet and midi-titanic (lol), titanic (lol) and rock pyramid and cracked barrel with air filter - Home of VERY fertile/productive guppies (16 for now) and 2 adult Apple Snails (laying every day for 5 days so far) and 5 teenaged Apple Snails and not-able-to-count-yet baby snails of about 4mm each. Fitted with net breeding trap with 1 baby guppy (we were too late to help his siblings )
3. Octagonal 20l tank that will be resealed shortly and take the load off the rectangular tank...
ALL tanks have normal lights, sponge/charcoal/combo filters, heaters and thermometers.
I ONLY add aquarium salt, tetra medica and contra spot meds. I do not worry about other elements as Bruce is 12 years old now and guppies and snails breed, thus that tank must be healthy.
Hubby and I loooove watching the beautiful "movie" in all tanks.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Welcome to AA!! We are glad to have you!
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

welcome to AA. you have a rainbow shark in a 20 litre tank? he needs to be moved. like,yesterday. they need a 55 minimum(gallons,not litres. pretty sure thats about 200 or so litres)
Old 03-19-2012, 06:07 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

ok, so I've been mistaken....

Bruce's tank is a 25l and he is now alone with only a breeding net with Nemo, our one survivor of the guppies (we were too late for his siblings...).

Tank 2 is actually a 40l tank with 16 guppies, 4 adult apple snails, 3 teenage apple snails and 18 baby apple snails of which I'm not sure how many will survivie...

Tank 3 is a 25l and has to be resealed, thus the 40l being so "crowded".

My happiest fish is Bruce.

I know all this after redoing all the tanks this weekend and cleaning them to find out the population of all... Feel like a murderess: I counted more than 20 egg clusters of Apple Snails and I destroyed them all

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com