Nitrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rpmwireless

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there. I'm a new member here. But had my 128 gallon tank for 8 years.
Through out the years I many issue with my tank and hundreds of fish died.
Since I had a business it was very hard for me to keep. But I love my tank. I just started giving more attention to my fish, but having a problem I can't figure out. Loss a Tusk, tomato clown and 2 others. Now my fish are breathing hard. Also I have a dwarf lion fish and bigger lion fish. They have killed a couple of my fish too. My reading are ok. My PH is very low and the other is that my nitrate is very high. Everything else is good. Temp now is at 84-86. Someone help.

What are your nitrates exactly?

Do a decent size water change maybe 30% so you dont shock the fish

I did 30% last Saturday but its still high.

Time to do another and then another tomorrow and then Wednesday till they are atleast down to 20. Who is testing your water? Id buy the master kit and do it yourself so you know its accurate

Edit. Do a 50% water change today and the same tomorrow and drop down to 30% Wednesday

I check it. I have a master kit. The people at the fish store have been giving me a wrong reading. This why I really do much to my tank, cause they keep telling me its fine. ( Dumb as Bubble Gum) lol.
Thanks I'm about to do a big water change now and tomorrow ill do
20%. Wish me luck. Thanks:cool:

I check it. I have a master kit. The people at the fish store have been giving me a wrong reading. This why I really do much to my tank, cause they keep telling me its fine. ( Dumb as Bubble Gum) lol.
Thanks I'm about to do a big water change now and tomorrow ill do
20%. Wish me luck. Thanks:cool:

Good luck! Keep us updated oh and welcome to AA

Back
Top Bottom