Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGMono

Seems like the Biowheel is sideways in the youtube video, thus not allowing air contact. A+ for ingenuity, but you could have just tossed it in loose since they float.

Besides temperature shock, i'm told not adjust pH more than 0.2 per day, hence the smaller changes. Of course, I KNOW my tap water is heavily buffered naturally and pH rarely changes so I could get away with a 90% water change, but if your water source is inconsistent, sticking to 10% is a safer bet.
It was sideways and not as effective as if it was mounted as intended. But what I did was put it near the water coming out of the filter and it rotated cockeyed so some of it was getting air and then water. But yes I bet it wasn't a lot better than floating it just a fun project. Next time I'm using Legos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/pecktec
Pecktec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecktec View Post
It was sideways and not as effective as if it was mounted as intended. But what I did was put it near the water coming out of the filter and it rotated cockeyed so some of it was getting air and then water. But yes I bet it wasn't a lot better than floating it just a fun project. Next time I'm using Legos!
I've never thought to check to see if Lego makes clear blocks to construct a tank out of, but I'm pretty sure I saw them at the Lego store in Downtown Disney. Of course you could add the blocks INSIDE the tank (Google "Lego fishbowl") Pirates of the Caribbean lego pirates? Natch!

Old 05-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGMono View Post
I've never thought to check to see if Lego makes clear blocks to construct a tank out of, but I'm pretty sure I saw them at the Lego store in Downtown Disney. Of course you could add the blocks INSIDE the tank (Google "Lego fishbowl") Pirates of the Caribbean lego pirates? Natch!
Someone actually contacted Lego to make sure that they're aquarium safe. They are!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:11 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenatron

Someone actually contacted Lego to make sure that they're aquarium safe. They are!
Anything designed to be passed safely through a child's digestive system should be. They say there are something like 30 safety rules to build something for NASA, and *300* to make a child's toy.

Now i'm curious to price out 2-3 "starter sets", plus 2-3 "expansion packs", plus a sheet of glass for the front and several cases of aquarium sealant...
Old 05-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ha! Not exactly what I was talking about but fun.
YouTube - Amazing aquarium Fluval Edge with lego and full colored guppies under led lighting

http://www.youtube.com/user/pecktec
Pecktec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:44 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Welcome to AA

Jason's Profile Page
Jason7894561230 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com