Noob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

labidis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone,

This is my first time on this site and also a first timer with tanks and fish.

I bought myself a new tank 130ltr (34 gallon i think) on saturday 22nd feb, with filter/pump(aquatopia) and all the accessories including a thermostat(150W EHEIM JAGER), some real and some fake plants.
The washing of the gravel was probably the most tedious process, but got there eventually.

I filled the tank with 120litres of water (32 gallon), which left a inch and a half gap from the surface, is that ok?
I let the tank run for 48 hours before purchasing and putting any fish in it.

On Monday(24th) i bought an angel fish (gold) a angel veil (silver/ white) and a rainbow shark.

They seem happy (water tested daily and all good) , including the temp which is at about 25-26 degrees. My rainbow shark however wont come out of a rock that lies at the bottom of the tank (see pic). Any reason for this?

Also i dont know the sex of any of the 3 fish.
Is anyone able to assist, maybe a pic or 2 might help( see attached)??

Lastly, i have a thousands of small bubbles in the tank, any reason for this

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393320494.751935.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393320543.135971.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393320601.604119.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393321263.190392.jpg

Hi there, welcome in. :)

I'm on the iPhone - can someone post articles on cycling? OP looks like you will need to do fish in cycling.

Water level sounds fine. Really just personal preference and what level suits your setup.

Bubbles could be from air stone or tank settling in.

Edit - this will get you started. AA has some good guides but sitting at doctors at moment.

http://www.oscarfishlover.com/helpful-articles/cycling-an-aquarium

Last edited:
Your not cycled. This is hard on the fish for a couple months. Read articles on cycling an aquarium and the nitrogen cycle of an aquarium.

Thanks delapopl and jmunroe, great link the cycling, im sure it will come in very handy in the coming weeks and months especially.

Any tips on the fish sex?

Back
Top Bottom