Noob to the forum.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asudavew

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone!

I've read through many fish forums, and decided to sign up here. This forum seems like the friendliest and one of the most knowledgeable groups on the web.

A bit about myself...I've had aquariums since I was a kid. Neons.. Zebras.. Etc. (I'm 39 these days... but not for long :rolleyes:) Anyways.. I've always enjoyed keeping fish, but got out of the hobby when my children were little.
Who the heck has the time or energy when toddlers are running around!

So.... about 8 years ago, my son brings home a goldfish from the County Fair.
Well we put it in a 10 gallon tank.. the next year another.. a few years later another.. so on .. so forth. A few died along the way, but we still have 4.

And the original fish that he brought home is alive and kicking! We named him Godzilla. It's now about 8-9 inches long and has a tail that is about 6 inches wide. Of course we upgraded them to a larger tank.

Oops . I'm rambling.. Anyways I just purchased a used 125 gallon tank.. And I already own a 10 (goldfish), and 35 ( gold fish) and a 55 (oscar, tiger barbs, and blood parrot)(we rescued it).

Well the plan is to move the Oscar, barbs, and parrot to the 125 and the goldfish to the 55. ( they sure need the room)

So I'm gonna read up on setting up the 125 gallon. (I can't believe how big and heavy that thing is!)

BTW- I got the 125 gallon tank, with a 25 gallon acrylic wet/dry sump, a heater, gravel, rocks, stand (gonna build a new one) and a CPR overflow (1200 GPH i think) for 200 dollars. I was quite happy.
And then the guy threw in a 30 gallon complete setup with stand. (That made my wife happy!)

The 125 gallon wasn't in great shape. I still have lots of cleaning to do and I had to scrape the back because it was painted black and that was chipping and falling off.

So I've bored everyone enough.
I'll post some pics this weekend, so I can have some before and after shots.

I do have a question.

The silicon that seals the inside of the tank is green and not attractive.
So would it be better to scrape it out and re-silicon the tank? Or should I leave well enough alone?

And if so, is there any silicone at Lowe's or Home Depot that is not toxic to the fish?

Thanks for having me!

Dave

I do have a question.

Dave Welcome to AA. Glad to see you. If you have a question do me a favor and post it in the FW forums. You`ll get more and better answers as not everyone comes to welcome wagon. Again welcome aboard.

Dave Welcome to AA. Glad to see you. If you have a question do me a favor and post it in the FW forums. You`ll get more and better answers as not everyone comes to welcome wagon. Again welcome aboard.

Thank you.

I'll do it

Back
Top Bottom