NYC Brooklyn newbie, help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rusalka

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
If this is not the correct place to post this, please, advice me the better one.

I'm looking for somebody willing to adopt a baby tiger barb in NYC.

I bought a group of baby barbs two months ago, all but one died in the first two weeks after moving. The strongest baby survived and is growing fast in my tank. It torn fins on my diamond tetras (being three times smaller then they!) and started terrorizing corys! My tetras don't get out of the corners to eat, they look terrible.

I bought a new 6.6 gallon tank from Petco and separated the barb today. Now I'm afraid it will get depressed there... I know they need to stay in groups, but I don't want barbs anymore :(.

It needs a new home with the fish of its kind! I'm giving it for free and ready to deliver in NYC within reasonable distance or meet halfway. If somebody has tiger barbs, please adopt this baby! It's a strong and amazing fish, but not for my tank!
The fish is about 1" long and is still growing.

Welcome to AA! The best place to post this is in e classifieds section. I think you have to have a certain number of posts to put that in ther though. Hope you like the site so far!

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome :)
The barb is still waiting for adoption.
Eats good frozen shrimp and flakes. Sometimes in the day gets sad and stays in the corner, all alone in the whole tank.

Thank you for the idea.
I saw the same age tiger barbs in one store in Brooklyn, and I brought mine there. They were so kind to take it. My tank is peaceful now! :)

Back
Top Bottom