official hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ooh, I didn't see this before..:n00b:
Anyway, Hi everyone, I'm Tracy. I'm much more experienced with herptiles (hence the name) then with fish, but I'm really interested in aquaria and would hopefully like to graduate to the part where I can take care of a 150gal reef tank (many many years in the future) :p

I've got a bunch of pets, I'd get more, except I have a parent who hates animals. *sniff*
I've got a dog, Cinnamon (rhodesian ridgeback/boxer mix) five cats (Snowball, Smokey, Mama Kitty, and her two babies Ren and Stimpy) Stimpy's my baby, he's likes a shadow and never leaves me alone :p
I've got two white's tree frogs (Hamlet and Yorick), a turtle, and a juvie Chinese water dragon (ChinChin).
As far as fish go, I've got a 16gal tall, with a school of Golden Pristella tetras, and one glofish (he survived from when the tank was nothing BUT glofish) Before that, the tank was filled with fancy guppies, which kinda died out. I've got two bettas with a five gal each, there's pics of them in my gallery. I'd like to "graduate" to saltwater tanks, maybe have a nano reef in my room, but my best friend says they're very difficult to maintain (she's got a 180gal reef)
So there, I introduced myself and I look forward to learning stuff here :p

Welcome to AA! I too have 5 cats, I also have a 27 year old african grey parrot. Oh and 13 fish tanks. :)

Welcome to AA!
I think a nano might be a little harder (at least from a maint standpoint) than an 180G reef. More water volume, more room for error. I skipped the FW and went straight into SW, thanks to the folks here, I have had lots of fun and no real big growing pains. Although, I am usually jealous of the aquascaping of the "freshies"....lol!

Back
Top Bottom