Ohai!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vespasianus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello there, my name is Jose. I am not-so-new member of the aquarium enthusiast world. I used to have a 20 gal community tank, a 44 gal with a pair of clown loaches, a saltwater tank with mostly invertebrates and TONS of betta tanks over the years. Almost everything, except my 20 gal tank, two ten gallon tanks and a five gal I had left, had to sell/get rid of last year because of moving/settling in a new place and just did not have the time to conitnue the hobby with the same responsibility. Now I've been a year in my new surroundings so I'm getting into the aquarium world once again.

I'm starting out slow, with a blue betta I bought two weeks ago, which is going into my 5 gal tank that is now in the process of cycling fishless. One of the reasons I came to the site and the forum it's because I had forgotten quite a few things of starting up an aquarium but thanks to this site I took a full refresher course and am on my way again. Hope to have some fun with you guys while I fill my new place with aquariums again.

:thanks:

I forgot to say, today I may move my betta into the 5 gal even though its cycling cause I'm a very low patience guy and that tank empty boils me inside. Don't worry about the toxin levels as even though I've been doing the food method of fishless cycling the tank hasn't even shown a big ammonia spike yet. So today I'll siphon the gravel, do a big water change and move the little guy in. I know cycling with fish is very risky but at least I can assure you I'm very responsible with the water changes/monitoring and I've never had any bad experiences with fish-in cycling. Anyways I may post a thread with my progress and pics later on :D.

Back
Top Bottom