Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Red face ok here i am to follow

Ok i am following those that came before I wont name names (bob, Judge) I am not the type to fish and tell. But i was frustrated and it seems not just one but 2 (so far as i have seen) of helpful people I have met are here soooooooo
I will work on playing with the sigs and such maybe I'll learn how to even post pics.
I am fairly new to the hobby *cough cough* addiction and I promise I will ask more questions and be generally annoyingly persistant to get answers. But I am a Woman and I want what I want thats all. there is no shame in that right natural order of things and all that.
I will however also post like mad putting my 2 cents in everywhere. or since I tend to ramble on more like a nickel.
well this is me. My son and I are enjoying are new freinds and wet finny family members. hope to talk to yall alot more soon.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Now please tell us more about your wet friends FW or SW?

We are here to feed your addiction, so please ask away...

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:39 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

ah well i didnt quite get hte sig working before I posted so FW planted and well sig is working now. I will work on a profile as timeallows today :p
Nyrmel Neewbie extrodinary luvr of things furry, finny, or the color purple20 gallon planted 1 blueygray guppy, 1 ghost shrimp, 1 mystery snail(bulldozer), 3 mollies tux,edo and spot(dalmation) unknown fry Warning I can't spell to save my life, & I tend to ramble... alot. Also an avid outdoor ponder with 5 koi and a dozen goldfish and wonderful assortment of plants
nyrmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Welcome to AA! Glad to see you know what you want. Sometimes that is half the battle. So...when are you setting up that SW tank?
Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:11 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

We if you are counting me are Not going to set up a SW tank. I am still having issues keeping everyone alive I did lose my new catfish last night and I seem to be having other issues as well. Trying to think how to really describe them. So inanswer to your question I dont see a sw tank fitting on the dressor so I will just have to stick with what I got.

BOB and Judge have seen me since i put water in the tank wow a month already...
I had 3 tetra's (lost 2 with in days, the third on mon) and a ghost shrimp after about a week (molting issue, 2nd molted just fine) and my catfish which i had brought home sat last and he was gone last night.
Water params are
ammno - none detected since about 10-12 days ago
nitrite (bad one) same as ammno except it dissappeared a day later
nitrate (good one) was steady about 15-20 range but has dropped to nil in last 2 days
water soft, no clorine(even with out cond.), and i cant rememberthe other tests or#'s but was told they where ok no wait ph ~7
I check all about 3 times a day am lunch and pm

first fish (neon tetra, guppy, shrimp I got on mothersday)
next set my stowaway snails showed up just after mem day
then 3 mollies, 1 catfish (max size 1 1/2 in) and a mystery snail I got on the 31st
2nd someone had babies (not sure who but they are growing and are almost to big for anyone to eat) some ~5 or 6 I caught and have in a net breeder on sidfe of tank but there are more that where to fast and are in main area

losses all 3 tetras- 2 within days 3rd a fewdays ago (I realize now they arent the best in a new tank)
1 ghost shrimp -as I said molting
1 catfish- not sure of the cause really but would like a little advice or thoughts

so couple Q's (I will explore in a bit and then find proper posting but gonna pic brains here too)

1.Water has recently (since newest fish) gotten well cloudy isnt the word but maybe extra bubbly? checked in white cup no color, same in black cup

2.my plants are not as happy and seem to be coated brown? and have some die back. (they where showing new growth last week and week before)

3. nitrates have gone away

so any thots on those issues would be great I will be repeateing the questions elsewhere once i get out the map and find my way around
Thanks
Nyrmel Neewbie extrodinary luvr of things furry, finny, or the color purple20 gallon planted 1 blueygray guppy, 1 ghost shrimp, 1 mystery snail(bulldozer), 3 mollies tux,edo and spot(dalmation) unknown fry Warning I can't spell to save my life, & I tend to ramble... alot. Also an avid outdoor ponder with 5 koi and a dozen goldfish and wonderful assortment of plants
Old 06-06-2008, 04:26 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to RJRofFL
Hi nyrmel. What a surprise. So good to see you again (well, I can't actually see you), but you know what I mean.

This seems to be a great forum and I'm glad I came here. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here.

Judging from the warm welcome you've received so far, looks like you will be able to "ramble on". And the spelling is always easy to blame on the computer.

Post your numbers in the freshwater section and I'm sure you'll get quick advice on how to go forward.
Maybe a water change is in order, but you'll get good advice I'm sure.

Again, welcome. Look forward to talking with you.

Bob R
Old 06-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

well I will do that still gonna take a bit to find my map.... some where maybe in the glove box... or under the back seat. hmmmm
naw I just wanted to give a bit of background since I am still new enough I can fit it in one post... well almost wc every other day and twice since i noticed change. Luv it bob that you remade a poem place. Already had to put in my response I will have to get orb over here now too
Old 06-06-2008, 05:19 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

welcome to AA. I just have to ask if you cycled your tank before you put fish in. The cloudy water sounds like a bacterial bloom.
You have come to the right place we all like to ramble lucky for us we have people that like to ramble but make since.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

I did sorta cycle first the cloudy just got alot worse (but I know why) since I got got some new plants that where back ordered and they reallllly mucked up the water. But if it ia bacteria bloom what can I do about it?
Old 06-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Sahabo Send a message via Yahoo to Sahabo
Welcome to the site

Sahabo is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com