Ok so im semi new to the aqaruim world...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duckie10198

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Aight, I had fish when I was younger and after many failed attempts I got them to live yay!!!! So what I want to do is create a half and half tank...half fish - half lizard/frog. I live in maine and the fish laws and rules are kinda funny up here - you arent allowed to have "pond fish" nor are the pet store allowed to sell aquatic frogs...I can remember when I was a kid going into the local pet store (maryland) and seeing a sub-aquatic setup but I have no idea where to start or how I could properly filter the fish side. my thought was to employ the same decorationg technique you might use in marine tank...a few pieces of drift wood and rocks for the amphibian to rest on and then gravel/dirt and water plants on theside for the fishies to have a place to hide.

I was in the pet store today and say turtle tanks and was thinking that might be a viable otion for what im trying to do - but it wouldnt leave much room for the fish side of things....

Anyone have any ideas - LEMME KNOW

thanks

Dukie

Welcome to AA! I can't offer any ideas but I am sure there are members here that can offer good advice.

A buddy of mine has something like this. He had some texas cichlids and feeder fish in the water and four turtles that had a nice sized area of land on one side. The turtles would definitely eat the slower moving fish, but some of the cichlids stayed alive.

I havent been over there in a while. he never did gravel vacs on the "land" side or anything, there was soooo much gravel and substrate in there it had to weigh a ton. Like literally a ton. It was a heck of tank but too big for me.

Back
Top Bottom