Only me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

witch-1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, I'm new, and a novice... and getting addicted to visits to the local aquariums!

Started off with one goldfish and no bowl (son thought it would be fun!). He soon tired of cleaning out etc. so I took over - unfortunately, the cat took a liking to fishing and so I had to rethink a new bowl/tank.

I ended up buying a Biorb - liked the funky look and thought it would be good in my new kitchen. Added a few new goldfish and decided it was too big for my kitchen after all. Being a novice, I killed my goldfish (sorry) by adding too quickly - read up and learnt about amonia and nitrate, and decided that actually tropicals would maybe easier, so forked out more money for heater. Cleaned up tank and left it to cycle - meanwhile lonely goldfish relagated to cheap bowl (hopefully to have life end in a garden pond when I find someone willing).

OK - I'm now with baby tiger barbs (5 original and two greens) and 5 neons. I so want to buy more but know I can't in my orb, so am now looking at buying a bigger tank... I believe this is where the addiction starts? I am then going to convert my biorb to marine to have my much wanted Nemo!

My daughter also has a tank - she has two angels, 5 black widows and 3 bottom feeders (forget their names).

So... thats me and my fish!
Thanks for reading... ;)

The symptoms you're experiencing are common to the start of what we refer to as MTS, or multiple tank syndrome. Unfortunately, it's already too late for you since you've already been bitten, and there's nothing you can do but to indulge it. Welcome to the club! :ROFLMAO:

And Welcome to AA!

welcome to the site :D

BTW i would be cautiouswhen keeping the barbs and neons together as the barbs are known for their aggreion and neons are peaceful fish

I feel your pain. I just recently contracted MTS myself after being in the hobby for only about 3 months.

Welcome to a great forum... great people, great advice!

Thanks all -

Mike -re barbs and neons! I was told that as long as the other fish didn't have long floaty fins, they should be fine, and keep the barbs in a good numbered shoal????

Of course, we're all advised wrongly at times, but they seem fine - the barbs stick to battling each other. Not witnessed any attacks on neons. Hopefully it stays that way.

The guy that advised me did also, put me off buying silver dollars, so I kind of trusted his advise. Research really is the key to fish keeping. I never knew silver dollars grew so big - and just focused on that they were compatible with my barbs!:cry:

yeah ok. just make sure you research your fish before you get the those little cute fish can grow to huge vicious monsters. for example the pacu

yeah ok. just make sure you research your fish before you get the those little cute fish can grow to huge vicious monsters. for example the pacu

My tank is now fully stocked (as its only small).

Now I've found this site, I can look upon doing it 'better' next time round.

I'm looking at the summer to get my next tank (if I can hold on that long). Will also give me chance to see how my daughter gets on with hers, and how my lil fish also get on.

Thanks for advise/replies

Back
Top Bottom