oops, never saw the welcome wagon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
hmmm... so i never noticed this forum before because i just went straight for the freshwater forums. so i guess i had better introduce myself :D

my name is nicole, i am currently a junior at appalachian state university. for the majority of people who have never heard of my school, it is located in the mountains of north carolina, and it is absolutely beautiful here.

my interests involve horse back riding (for almost 10 years now), art stuff, working at my college's radio station as a DJ and sales director, snowboarding, and recently fish.

growing up, i remember winning a gold fish at a fair who i bought a glass bowl for... it died :( then i didn't have fish for the longest time until i found this cute little betta, who i named fitch, and he had this cool wavy tank which sent bubbles up the back side. he lived for a long time. after that i didn't really bother with fish. my mom bought herself a 55 gallon SW tank. she had some really neat fish in there, including a beautiful flame angel, and these really aggressive domino fish (not sure if that is the right name for them).

well, i never really thought about having anymore fish because i always remembered my mom having so much trouble with her 55 gal tank. then recently (around january) somehow the "fish bug" bit me. i went to walmart, because i didn't know of any other fish places around, where i met this sweet little girl (must have been 9 years old) and she promptly told me about this better fish store, and gave me the vaguest directions, but it was sooooo cute. so then my roommate (who is the exact personification of Dorie from Finding Nemo) and i drive around for nearly an hour and finally figure out where this store is, and it turned out to be 5 minutes down the road!

i set up my first 10 gal tank, determined to do it right, added 5 danios, and i've been researching fish ever since. i aquired a 7.5 gal tank, used, from a friend of a friend, and now i am looking to upgrade to something between 30-46 gallons (hopefully i can convince my new landlord to let me have the bigger tank). actually, i am currently looking for a 40gal breeder tank because i like how it has more bottom space. there have been two asian sun cats sitting in the fish store for nearly a month now and nobody wants them. unfortunately i can't find any consistent information on them, and i want to make sure they wont outgrow my (future) tank because there will be no upgrading until i get into a permanent home.

well, i think i've started rambling, so i'll stop boring you to tears. i am really glad that i've found this website. i've learned sooooo much already, and i am looking forward to learning much more!

take care!!! :D

thanks, everyone on this website has been soooooo helpful... i don't know where i'd be (or where my fish would be) with out you all... or as they say it here in mountain country "without ya'll" :D

Back
Top Bottom