Overdue hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs_monkey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all
like a few on here i've been following for a while, and finally joined!
great forum and great advise
So a little bit about me - i'm a big scuba fan and have been fortunate to dive in some amazing places, but time, life and young family mean i don't really get the time anymore. So i want to care for fish life in my own home, starting slowly and learning along the way.
Currently i have a 60 litre (sorry british here) freshwater community tank with a happy bunch of residents, 6 Neons (the greedy gang) 3 platys 'Busa' and his 2 ladies and my beloved siamese flying fox.
artifical planting at the mo, with rocks and bogwood.
personal choice but did a fishless start up and introduced my community gradually - amonia 0, nitrite 0 nitrate sits around 5 and ph 7.8 (local tapwater is high) API master kit :)
Moving to a larger tank soon (to match the cabinet i brought)
Really intersted to hear recommendations for a centre piece fish (now or later in the bigger tank) - I don't feel like a gourami - maybe an angel - so i'd love to hear views on that mix of tank buddies
thanks all and hopefully see some of you in the forums

Hi all
like a few on here i've been following for a while, and finally joined!
great forum and great advise
So a little bit about me - i'm a big scuba fan and have been fortunate to dive in some amazing places, but time, life and young family mean i don't really get the time anymore. So i want to care for fish life in my own home, starting slowly and learning along the way.
Currently i have a 60 litre (sorry british here) freshwater community tank with a happy bunch of residents, 6 Neons (the greedy gang) 3 platys 'Busa' and his 2 ladies and my beloved siamese flying fox.
artifical planting at the mo, with rocks and bogwood.
personal choice but did a fishless start up and introduced my community gradually - amonia 0, nitrite 0 nitrate sits around 5 and ph 7.8 (local tapwater is high) API master kit :)
Moving to a larger tank soon (to match the cabinet i brought)
Really intersted to hear recommendations for a centre piece fish (now or later in the bigger tank) - I don't feel like a gourami - maybe an angel - so i'd love to hear views on that mix of tank buddies
thanks all and hopefully see some of you in the forums

Hi! I'm a Brit too! I THINK 60l is the equivalent to 15g ( someone correct if wrong) an angel won't work but a pair of badis badis or peacock guedgons (sp?) might work. Also the siamese flying fox will outgrow the tank so you my have to rehome. It's great to see that you have done everything a fish keeper should of done :) nice to know you fish less cycled and invested in a test kit. :) can see you will be a great member to the community :D

thanks Samzter, that's a nice thing to say, I'm working on the lines of you wouldn't kill a cat or dog type of pet care, lots of stuff learnt from you guys on here and perhaps a lot of respect from diving days. amazing how attached you can get to the little dudes, thats the main thing that has surprised me!

Welcome I just joined today but been on here a few times before

Back
Top Bottom