PA newbie doing research

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocza

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hallo! I received mfdrookie516's auto message after signing up, and thought I'd follow the suggestion to introduce myself. My neighbor was getting rid of his 10 gallon tank and stand earlier this week, and now the stand is in my living room and the tank is taking up room in my shower, passing it's water tight test.

Many moons ago, before I up and relocated across the country, I had a small hex tank with live plants, an African dwarf frog, a breeding colony of red cherry shrimp, and occasionally small nano fish that were in between homes.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with my new tank, other than that I want to live plant it. So I'm floating around and reading and doing research, as I'd rather fall on the "good example" than "horrible warning" side of things.

Cheers!

*laughs*
I have a feeling I'm walking right into a trap. Didn't I see something about not bringing up pleco's, too? ;-)

You do raise a good point, though, in that I didn't mention that I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay in freshwater tank zone. ...as much as I think a reef would be gorgeous and OMG SEA HORSES, I think that realistically, the chemistry and care might be beyond my abilities.

However, since I am just starting to do the reading and research, there's plenty of time to try to redirect me from my freshwater ways. ;-) (The last time around, I got in to this because my ex-husband bought me the African dwarf frog from one of those middle-of-mall carts as a Christmas gift, thinking that a dwarf frog would be the same thing as a cat - "a pet is a pet, right?" And now you know one of the many reasons he's the ex.)

Those are my 2 saltwater tanks. 20 gallon xtra high (10 gallon footprint) which I'm bout to add seahorses and pipefish to and the other is my 46 bowfront mixed reef which has been less trouble then any of my FW tanks honestly..SW is the way to go imo :)

Check out the Inverts section. In case you didn't see it click on "Freshwater & Brackish" in the forum section so you can see ALL of the options, can't see it from the top without clicking! Fun place!!!

Back
Top Bottom