Paints used inside the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bpvimal2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi

I am new to the forum. I have had 2 aquariums since last two years. After lots of fatalities, the tanks got stabilize now.

Of late I was thinking of adding an artificial rock background and in the process I was researching. I come across different opinions about using any type of paints in the aquariums. Some school of thought is that epoxy paint is the best where as some others are of the opinion any type of paint inside can be dangerous to the fish as well as the handlers. Technically, any type of paint has hazardous materials that can be harmful to the handlers too.

Could some experienced members guide us in this matter? I prefer to avoid chemical pollution and I do not want my fish to die because of the pain.

Vimal

Hi Vimal it says metal wood plastic wicker and more i have read alot of posts of people painting pvc and they say they have had no issiues so is it ok for styrofoam i really do no know i will do a little looking on the web.

Ok this is what i found out take a spare piece of foam and paint it wait 7 days if it peels off then its a no go Krylon fusion takes 7 day to cure fully

GOOD LUCK :)

Back
Top Bottom