Pangasius Particulars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ModernThreat101

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings all!

I'm a new member on this forum because I recently purchased a Pangasius fish... while not being the biggest aquarium hobbyist. As a responsible pet-owner and avid animal care-taker and admirer, I couldn't just give the critter back to the corporates I purchased him/her from and have decided to invest in a permenant home for the potential behemoth.

If anyone has great money-saving ideas, or suggestions on where to get started on an aquarium build, I would greatly appreciate them. Also, any suggestions relating to anything tank would be helpful - fire's my element, not water; but balance is always needed!

Thank you for reading this and all of your suggestions.:)

craigslist.com

You can find great deals on aquariums and gear. Also believe it or not, Petsmart sometimes has great deals on tank, hood, light and stand combos. But you have to catch them just right. Petco also has clearance sales on tanks and stands (sold separatly though)

We got our 80g with 2 lights, glass top, friggin heavy oak stand, gravel, fish, decor and a CO2 regulator and tank for $225.00 on craigslist. And a Petsmart we got our 120g stand, light, glass hood, and stand for $379.00.

Oh, it has been quite a project indeed! Being a novice aquarist, I didn't have the means to make a quarantine tank. All but my bettas have died due to Ich >.< I've only a ten gallon right now which I'm letting sit a few days and monitor without any fish.

I've cleaned the substrate by boiling water and then letting the gravel soak in it. I haven't put any fish into the tank as of yet and nothing else seems to be growing it, but here's hoping it stays that way. I'm sick of fighting a protazoan...

When I started my tank, I didn't know too much about how to acclimate. The lamp I have for my tank is currently too powerful, and all but the bettas have perished (so sad >.<).

All my Betta ladies are in their own seperate bowls right now while I try to scrape the funds and time to repair the alge damage to the tank. It was a dark brown color, not a typical green hue that I'd associate with algea.

Any suggestions? Water isn't my element - I need much help with this aquarium. Thanks for your inputs!

You did not acclimate your bettas or your tank or what is your question?

Back
Top Bottom