Parrot Fish Not Eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Decodoll

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How long can these fish go not eating?
1 is stressed, no color, 1 has good color, both won't eat. They are getting to big for there 30 gallon tank.
Don't know who to give 1 too, that can take good care of it.
Is doing frequent water change @ 20% a week enough or is more needed to compensated for the size of them?
Have had tank 10+ yrs. 1 -original fish, 1-is 3-4 yrs. old.
New here.
Please advise,

Attachments

• IMG_2797.jpg
    IMG_2797.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 92
Sorry to hear. You Probably had a ammonia spike. 20% water change with two grown parrots in a 30 gal wasn't enough to get rid of the bio load they were putting off

You Are Right

That is what happen + nitro spike as well.
I had continued to care for them as usual for years, however, I knew they were obviously getting very large and of the impression increased and frequent water changes, would be enough. I didn't know about these canister filter systems. Everything that could go wrong went wrong, really fast.
When they started showing stress in the pass, a quick water change and everything went back to normal. Not eating was a new symptom, though.
The filter system must have obviously been on overload, the size of fish, tank size and inexperience.
Watching in desperation as it was all failing.
A very sad experience.
Thank you for responding.

Well , I'm sure your next go round you can do things differently and have super healthy fish .. Stick around the forum , you will learn loads in what to do and not.. :)

Back
Top Bottom