Plant necrosis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merv49

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been struggling with a problem that just won't go away in my tank and I can't find out what could be the cause.
I've got a 110 gallon fresh water tank that I've had for about two years now that started off just fine with the plants that I chose. I had fast and slow growing plants and everything was growing like crazy and I was trimming plants every water change for a long time.
Then all of a sudden everything changed. Algae started growing on everything and wouldn't let go. My plant leaves were covered with black algae and the leaves on my ludwigea began falling off all over the place and the roots and stems of other plants began rotting and leaves falling off.
Sorry I don't know the names of all the plants but it's strange that all my fish are doing great, angels and discus have both spawned in the tank while the plants are really suffering. Amazon sword leaves are melting and so are other swords I have planted.
I have even installed a pressurized co2 system with no effect. I set the ph controller at 6.6 and my kh is 4.
Just over here scratching my head and the local fish store haven't given me many solutions either.
HELP!!!!

Back
Top Bottom