Planted Aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FISHFACE11

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello There!!

Im seting up my first planted aquarium, juwel vision 260. Im using a jbl 402 system which ive set up according to the manual. The co2 reactor is 2cm below the water line, ive been told to place it as low as possible. Will plant growth improve if i place it low? Im using the plant feed etc what comes in the kit.

Ive also been told not to use a air pump or diffuser with the co2 system. Id like to provide extra oxygen to the tank other than what the plants are producing!

I would be grateful for any advice and comments !!

Regards
FISHFACE11

Welcome Aboard!

I Googled your setup and that's a great looking kit :). What kind of lighting does it have (didn't see it listed)?

As I understand it, the lower the co2 feed is into the tank the better, but wait for others to offer additional insight. The idea of co2 is to remove oxygen from the water column, so using an air pump can/will (on some level) defeat the purpose of co2.

Welcome Aboard!

I Googled your setup and that's a great looking kit :). What kind of lighting does it have (didn't see it listed)?

As I understand it, the lower the co2 feed is into the tank the better, but wait for others to offer additional insight. The idea of co2 is to remove oxygen from the water column, so using an air pump can/will (on some level) defeat the purpose of co2.

+1 on that the kit looks cool. I found the light part limpet "Supplied with: 1 x High-Lite Light Unit 120 cm, 2 x 54 W" The C02 will leave the water too quickly if the surface of the water is heavily agitated. That’s the reason bubblers are discouraged to much surface agitation. Ironically this is how you add more oxygen to the water. Slightly cooler temperatures may help. The warmer the water is the less oxygen there is.

+1 on that the kit looks cool. I found the light part limpet "Supplied with: 1 x High-Lite Light Unit 120 cm, 2 x 54 W" The C02 will leave the water too quickly if the surface of the water is heavily agitated. That’s the reason bubblers are discouraged to much surface agitation. Ironically this is how you add more oxygen to the water. Slightly cooler temperatures may help. The warmer the water is the less oxygen there is.

Thanks Pecktec! I knew there was a reason, I just had the wrong one lol.

Back
Top Bottom