Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vi321

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My female platy gave birth a while ago and there are a few that stay at the top by the heater. They swim around for a bit then go back. Now, not everyone of them do this. Do you think it is because the water is to cold? Or is this a sign that there sick? I would appreciate all the help i can get from this! :)

Is your tank cycled? What is the temperature of your water? Have you tested your water? And how long is a while ago?

Vi321 said:
My female platy gave birth a while ago and there are a few that stay at the top by the heater. They swim around for a bit then go back. Now, not everyone of them do this. Do you think it is because the water is to cold? Or is this a sign that there sick? I would appreciate all the help i can get from this! :)

Some of mine used to do that as its a good spot to hide from my other fish they mainly did it at night and slept on top of it, they could just feel safe there

The water is about 72 degrees. i haven't tested it since i got my tank about July. The ones that stay by the filter and heater are about 1 or 2 months. I'm sure I should know this but what do you mean by cycled?

Back
Top Bottom