Please Help!!! my mollies keeps attacking my guppies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahd4355

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I have just joined this site cos i really really need some advice!

I set up my 30 litre tank in january i now have 1 mollie, 2 swordtails, 2 guppies, 1 small catfish and 1 dwarf frog.

We have tried to add other fish but they seem to die within a few days don't know why im guessing the filter isn't mature enough to cope with the extra fish???

My real problem is the mollies he has got very big compared to the other fish and he seems to be continuously chasing the guppies around and sometimes nipping at their tail fins. He also keeps raising his top fin when he is doing it like he is trying to scare the other fish by making himself look bigger! I got the mollie about 2 months ago now and im wondering if he needs another mollie to play with??

Please please could someone give me some advice we love our little tank but my children are getting really upset by seeing the mollie keep chasing all the time!!

many thanks sarah :confused:

I suggest putting the Molly in an aggressive fish box/breeder trap. Until the problem is resolved.

-Dylan

Back
Top Bottom