The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guinness

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys. I'm new here and would firstly like to say hello to all you fish nuts Out there. I joined the site hopping to gain as much info as possible to learn more about my favourite hobby, and if I can help other people with any questions or situations based on my own experiences. I do have a question if anyone can help me with. How do you edit your profile page? IE personal info.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Guinness

Cool,Have you been a member for long? how long have you been keeping fish. I started again about 8 months ago, started with a 300ltr tank I think that is about 66g, then I brought my partner a little 10g tank and then I brought myself a new discus tank which I think is 420ltr or 75g not sure on the conversion ratio. So I am fairly new to the game but I always do my homework and am constantly reading about fish and anything to do with them. Much to my partners dismay. ;-)

Welcome to AA! :)

You can customize your profile by going into the User CP link (next to Forums) on the top bar.

Cool,Have you been a member for long? how long have you been keeping fish. I started again about 8 months ago, started with a 300ltr tank I think that is about 66g, then I brought my partner a little 10g tank and then I brought myself a new discus tank which I think is 420ltr or 75g not sure on the conversion ratio. So I am fairly new to the game but I always do my homework and am constantly reading about fish and anything to do with them. Much to my partners dismay. ;-)

I just joined in September. I had a 10g tank in 2004 but did everything wrong, thought I knew the way and needless to say, none of the fish lived longer than 6 wks.
Now one 10g tank went to another 10g tank (for the fry my mollies were having), then a 20g long tank, and then (of course!) I couldn't pass up a 29g with a filter, decorations, lid & lights for $40 on Craigslist. HA. That being only 2 1/2 mths later I've learned a TON and am soooo excited to be doing the right thing. As for MY partner... well, she doesn't like or agree with the "stuff" (to put it nicely and keep it G rated) I get from my crazed, obsessed cult I have joined. I don't know how to stop her from threatening to clean tanks HER way or think this fish needs that, etc. She, unfortunately for me, has spent around $200 on supplies, etc. I have done all the research, spent countless hours cleaning, baby hunting, feeding, staring, and examining. She on the other hand makes comments like, "If you don't clean it (like this) then I WILL!" and "Let's just flush em it's too much work" (in regards to sick fish I've had to deal with and stress over).
That all being said. I LOVE my fish and am sooo happy to be able to have found such a forum as this.. with a wonderful website as well as an app for my silly phone that I can secretly research while taking a bath or watching TV. :dance:

Oh dear I feel for you, my partner isn't that bad, she helps with the upkeep and has some very good ideas. She just moans about the money side off it all. But it's like a bug when you get started you can't stop, weather it's buying stuff, looking at stuff, talking stuff or reading stuff. I use the app on my phone more than the net so she can't see what I'm doing. She thinks I'm having an afair with my phone and says I love it more than her lol. She's getting used to it now tho. Not much choice with 2 big tanks in the living room and one in the kitchen. But it's all good. I have a friend who has just got into fish keeping So we go round there and my partner sits and drinks coffee with his partner and we talk fish in the kitchen.

Thanks redsea nice to be here, I would just like to say how friendly everyone is and how cool the site is. Its nice to find a decent forum that I can learn from an broaden my knowledge, and maybe help others through my own experiences.

Guinness said:
Thanks redsea nice to be here, I would just like to say how friendly everyone is and how cool the site is. Its nice to find a decent forum that I can learn from an broaden my knowledge, and maybe help others through my own experiences.

I agree! Everyone has been very helpful and kind to me. I like this forum a lot!

I must admit its become an addiction for me, my partner thinks I'm having an affair with my phone lol. She says if only I gave her as much attention as my phone she would be a very happy lady.

Back
Top Bottom