pruney fingers! Newby needs help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

808felicity

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im new, nice site!Im going crazy bear with me please... Im also strung out on coffee and lack of patience from dinking with my filter for my tank for the last 2 days. I have a small pool pump that works amazing.I don't know exact type.Its all taken apart right now I bypassed the physical unit and put a small filtering media on it. The pump its self works submerged(partially) but not inside the canister. The Canister filter type Ive made custom intake and output for.The output has a heater attached to the end also. Lately Its (suction) been been very weak. The tinnins(?) from the drift wood are nutz and the filter catches the color like a charm, hopefully its almost done with leaking color! The wood is been in water for months on and off. Does the color actually plug up the filter? I know the teeny particles will but I just started with this filter and its been 3 days-white to very dark brown- I back rinsed very well. Its most likely the pump?perhaps a leak in the suction which I cannot find! Ah! 2 freekin days! I went from a 55 to an almost 200 gal tank and I plant the crap out of everything..lillypads, weird grass, moss..Ive never had to really be detailed with lighting because the tank was upstairs, lots of light blah blah blah. This one is in the basement, no windows, lots of shop lights...A 48"T5 Flora sun max growth, aqua lux grow lights...they do not seem to penetrate the depth of the tank at all and don't do much for illumination. And its not the driftwood, the water is clear just SLIGHTLY tinted. very slightly. What bulbs are easy on the wallet to buy and run (under 40.oo?) good for plant growth (not many fish, lots of snails though :) and give the tank THAT NEET-O BLUE EFFECT??? Thanks much, i know Im doing a book here,sorry. I dont have any 'tank' ppl I talk with so this is kinda fun.Even if no one reads this - Im not water logged and yelling at a water pump :8}:)I think I attached pics...I tried anyways. My tank looks like crap as of now, no harshness please lol.

Attachments

• P1150077.jpg
    P1150077.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 68
  • P1150073.jpg
    P1150073.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 67
I did manage to replicate what I wanted to do..and along the way made good progress finding my pump no longer seems hot to the touch when half under water. Yes, above wire line! Funny how companies aught to tell you these things to keep your appliances longer lasting but fail to as you just may need to buy more replacement pieces to fix something that could have lasted a much longer time...

808felicity said:
I did manage to replicate what I wanted to do..and along the way made good progress finding my pump no longer seems hot to the touch when half under water. Yes, above wire line! Funny how companies aught to tell you these things to keep your appliances longer lasting but fail to as you just may need to buy more replacement pieces to fix something that could have lasted a much longer time...

Welcome. Love the tank. Is that a black moor I see.

It is, Im sure you know.Love them, hard to keep as they like my plants which I dearly love....Thanks for the kind reply, its very appreciated.

808felicity said:
It is, Im sure you know.Love them, hard to keep as they like my plants which I dearly love....Thanks for the kind reply, its very appreciated.

No problem I hope you find everything you need here. If you have any questions please ask me or anyone. We love answering.

Back
Top Bottom