Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 03-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 479
Send a message via Skype™ to QuietPlotter
QP is BACK!

Hey peeps, it's been a strange, long, and rough time. Stuff have happened to me and family and such, and things in life have changed.

I gradually began to neglect my tanks more and more, just feeding when I remembered to (3-7x a week) and keeping up with my water changes, which I have never missed, not one ^^

I realized, that some of you hardcore fish fans, are doing too much. I sat there and let algae DESTROY my tank. I was curious (10g). A week later, all of the muck is gone, and my remaining Oto has has babies, which stick on the algae all day and now it's gone.


Exotic fish species, maybe not CRAZY exotic, like Bolivian Rams... Really don't need glorified luxury and water. Mine lives in a 10g that's 75% planted, with a Platy and 3 Otos. He doesn't mind, he actuall loves it. I haven't tested my water since like November, just did today, results are stellar. 0ppm,0ppm,10ppm,7.6PH (that's ammo, nitri, and nitrate). I knew it would be.

So just saying hello to all my friends that I missed and left, and telling you all to chillax and step away from the tank for a sec and admire how nature can settle in a glass box.

I'll be heading off to the sick fish threads to help out people that are newbies, like I was.




QP.
__________________

__________________
QuietPlotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
George9's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,765
Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietPlotter
Hey peeps, it's been a strange, long, and rough time. Stuff have happened to me and family and such, and things in life have changed.

I gradually began to neglect my tanks more and more, just feeding when I remembered to (3-7x a week) and keeping up with my water changes, which I have never missed, not one ^^

I realized, that some of you hardcore fish fans, are doing too much. I sat there and let algae DESTROY my tank. I was curious (10g). A week later, all of the muck is gone, and my remaining Oto has has babies, which stick on the algae all day and now it's gone.

Exotic fish species, maybe not CRAZY exotic, like Bolivian Rams... Really don't need glorified luxury and water. Mine lives in a 10g that's 75% planted, with a Platy and 3 Otos. He doesn't mind, he actuall loves it. I haven't tested my water since like November, just did today, results are stellar. 0ppm,0ppm,10ppm,7.6PH (that's ammo, nitri, and nitrate). I knew it would be.

So just saying hello to all my friends that I missed and left, and telling you all to chillax and step away from the tank for a sec and admire how nature can settle in a glass box.

I'll be heading off to the sick fish threads to help out people that are newbies, like I was.

QP.
Hey! Welcome back! Nice to hear from you again
__________________

__________________
-George
George9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:14 AM   #3
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 479
Send a message via Skype™ to QuietPlotter
How's it been man? Yeah, nice to hear from you aswell
__________________
QuietPlotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:16 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Nu-Nu the eel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,455
Awesome bro! Welcome!
__________________
Nu-Nu the eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:17 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
George9's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,765
Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietPlotter
How's it been man? Yeah, nice to hear from you aswell
It's been great! I was worried, I thought maybe you were thrown in jail for making another scene at PETCO. :p lol jk
__________________
-George
George9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:52 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by George9

It's been great! I was worried, I thought maybe you were thrown in jail for making another scene at PETCO. :p lol jk
Ahahaha me too! Welcome back QP!
__________________
Gboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin
 
melosu58's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 38,244
Welcome back.
__________________

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank


AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:37 AM   #8
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 479
Send a message via Skype™ to QuietPlotter
It's great to see everyone being so nice, thanks peeps ;D and lol, George, I have reverted to the Jedi side for now *cough nerd alert cough* so no more petco scenes...


But I did manage to confuse the cashier enough to give me free filter media, which is a plus.
__________________
QuietPlotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:38 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietPlotter
It's great to see everyone being so nice, thanks peeps ;D and lol, George, I have reverted to the Jedi side for now *cough nerd alert cough* so no more petco scenes...

But I did manage to confuse the cashier enough to give me free filter media, which is a plus.
Haha turning into a nerd eh? Hahah
__________________
Gboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:44 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
George9's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,765
Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietPlotter
It's great to see everyone being so nice, thanks peeps ;D and lol, George, I have reverted to the Jedi side for now *cough nerd alert cough* so no more petco scenes...

But I did manage to confuse the cashier enough to give me free filter media, which is a plus.
NERD!

I don't know what a Jedi is, I have not seen star wars nor do I like it lol. But I'm glad you've changed your ways how did you confuse the cashier? Was she like a 9 year old girl?
__________________

__________________
-George
George9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plant id please! Friends mom brought this back from aquarium store in Okinawa Japan heathers_hounds Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 17 03-31-2012 10:50 PM
Making your own food is awesome!!!!! crister13 Saltwater Reef Aquaria 3 03-30-2012 05:12 PM
Is there any type of fresh water crab tgat can stay in water? Ryleyman Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 6 03-30-2012 01:24 AM
Is this normal behavior for a black moore goldfish? Jayjangle Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 35 03-29-2012 07:33 PM
What kind of algae is this? brandonboy119 Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 0 03-28-2012 11:09 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.