Quick intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jayellestevens

Aquarium Advice Newbie
thought I would do a quick intro for anyone interested! I have learned so much already from these forums and know I am going to become a avid member :)

I am definitely a "newbie" at this wonderful hobby. I started a tropical 10 gallon tank (eventually adding bigger when I have more space) I liked the idea of a smaller tank because I think it makes you learn more about the water chemistry and keeping everything in harmony.

I currently use gravel and a layer of bigger pebbles for the substrate. It's planted with live plants, I've got a star rotala, spiralus, reinekii, money wort and hornwort. They were planted in the cycle stage. Cycle took approx 14 days... I've have levels of 0-20 nitrate, 0 nitrite, water hardness is approx 80-120, alkalinity is approx 90-150, and PH is 7-7.5ish, I added my fish a few days after. I have three black skirted tetras who are doing amazing, they school lovely. I have 1 yellow cobra guppy who unfortunately lost its mate (for some reason 12 hours after I brought it home it died, I'm assuming it wasn't feeling good from the get go because my other cobra is thriving) and I have 1 blue dwarf gouramis who is taking a bit more time to get used to the tank. He seems to be the only "stress" case.

Tank sits at 78 degrees, I have a lovely LED that is on for 8-10 hours everyday and a air stone that's on 24/7

So far so good with everything :) for my first real tank I'm quite pleased.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone, I love the posts so far and everyone has great info and experience! Very helpful!

X Jay

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416758639.691658.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like a wonderful tank. I couldnt give you much insight on small tanks as im a bigger type of fish guy, predatory is my type. Anyways, welcome aboard and good luck!

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

Back
Top Bottom