Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-11-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Rebecca from PA

Hello all! Ive started a new fish tank. It's only 10 gallons. I have 6 fish in there now, well one is an African frog, a little guy. I also have a rainbow shark, an albino Cory catfish, a ballon bellied Molly, an algae eater, and a koi fish. So far all the fish are doing good except my Molly fish. It keeps spinning in circles and then swims to the top sticks it's mouth out and than sinks to the bottom. Hope he makes it! Any advice would be appreciated thanks!

Old 05-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #2
come get me tang police!

Welcome to the forum. It's a good idea to check out our article section and read over the guides on starting a freshwater aquarium and the nitrogen cycle. Here's a link Guide to Starting a Freshwater AquariumAquarium Advice I'm afraid that with that level of stocking in that size tank you are bound to have lots of issues both in the fishes bioload and with ammonia/nitrite poisoning while the tank is cycling.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcC1017
Hello all! Ive started a new fish tank. It's only 10 gallons. I have 6 fish in there now, well one is an African frog, a little guy. I also have a rainbow shark, an albino Cory catfish, a ballon bellied Molly, an algae eater, and a koi fish. So far all the fish are doing good except my Molly fish. It keeps spinning in circles and then swims to the top sticks it's mouth out and than sinks to the bottom. Hope he makes it! Any advice would be appreciated thanks!
for advice on sick fish try posting in the unhealthy fish topic, you will get lots of good advice on your Molly and what to do. And jeta is right about your fish. Welcome to AA by the way

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com