Returning member after emergency leave...need quick help with new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceans n Indy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Set up everything and cycled water. Water checks out real good, but I accidentally stirred up the sand pretty good. Can see the rock vaguely, but have fish waiting to go in. Will it harm the fish to put them in the cloudy water??? Please help quickly, have youngins that need to go to bed. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Set up everything and cycled water. Water checks out real good, but I accidentally stirred up the sand pretty good. Can see the rock vaguely, but have fish waiting to go in. Will it harm the fish to put them in the cloudy water??? Please help quickly, have youngins that need to go to bed. ?

Personally, I would wait till the tank settles to get the fish in. Youd hate to have particles get in their gills!

Personally, I would wait till the tank settles to get the fish in. Youd hate to have particles get in their gills!

Their gills aren't really impacted much by particulates in the water. Just think of all the fish that live in the super muddy water of the amazon river.

I would just do a large water change and call it good.

Thanks guys, water change and putting the fish into our good night prayers, will let you know how it works out.

Follow up and conclusion.... Ended up waiting as long as I could while I acclimated my other fish that night to my 55 reef tank. Kids slept great but I lost the sleep battle that day. When I finished up that night it was 3a.m. and I had already been up since 7p.m. the day before (32 hours), but I wasn't done yet. Had to clean up everything still and be awake again in 3 hours to take wife to surgery procedure. Oh but wait, work called and I had to remotely log in and troubleshoot the production problems they had (still no sleep). Took wife to appt, picked up kids from school on way back home. Helped kids with homework and got my wife settled and comfortable before crashing after being awake for 46 hours - a new personal record. Oh yeah, had to wake back up in 4 hours to go to work again. Ahh the sacrifices we will make for our family and fish. Oh and, all the fish are healthy and well. The End.

Back
Top Bottom