Rough Start! Almost there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trigger_Happy814

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone! I am new to the saltwater hobby! I started my cycling with damsels. I've done a lot of research prior to starting, but did not see the pros and cons to cycling with damsels! My LFS suggested it and I took their word for it! I am about 3 weeks into my cycle and lost my favorite of the 2 damsels I had! If I would have known damsels were used as sacrificial lambs I would not have went that route! I'm hoping the other one will be a bit luckier and make it! I will keep him just for being a survivor! Any ways, my LFS tested my water and said I still have a ways to go. They recommended quick start liquid to put in tank. Does anyone have any experience with this? Also what are some recommendations now that I'm this far? I have a few hermits 1 damsel and a couple small starfish that came out of live rock. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanx

I wouldn't not have added anything until your cycle is done let nature run its course I would just wait a week or so do a pwc and most if all just be patient

Back
Top Bottom