Salt water fish companions!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gaynor90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Currently I have one clown black and white striped, one stripped grouper, one tomato clown one damsel one blue hippo one Niger trigger 6 line wrasse one lion fish an to Sand shifter starfish, I wanted to add a Houma Houma trigger and a clown trigger with a blue spotted stingray and some type of shark, I have a 250 gal tank with a UV sterilizer 12 twist,protein skimmer, and a return pump, and also with two wave makers.. What do you guys think?

What you guys think?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393648022.941080.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393648022.941080.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 74
Well the triggers may be ok, clown triggers can be brutal. The shark and ray depend on the way your tank is scaped. Unless you have a huge sandbed I wouldn't do the ray or shark. Actually I wouldn't do the ray at all. Is the tank 8 feet? Edit: a cat shark may work depending on the tanks dimensions

How old is this tank? it looks very clean so i am assuming it is quite new. :)

When did you put in the other fish? The fish you are planning and currently stocking have huge bioloads so you should most likely wait a bit between additions.

i would skip the shark and sting ray though, it doesnt seem like you have much of a san bed for the ray and the shark can be tricky in a 6 foot tank, unless this is an 8 footer.

Just the glass is about 4 feet tall an 7 1/2 8 feet long an yes I have a large sand bed.. Yea I've heard the clown trigger can be brutal I'm just wondering if I get him sum what small maybe 2 inches an put him in with the huma huma if they will all get along with the niger trigger an blue hippo.. The blue hippo is a baby around inch an a half maybe 2 inches big.. An I was wondering if they will all be good with the ray and shark as well

The tank is about 3 months old an yea I was gonna re arrange the rock so there's more of a big big sand bed.. I currently have a 12x twist uv steralizer an the aqua c ev-180 protine skimmer a sock for the overflow and a filter over the return pump.. Was also thinking of getting a phosban phosphate 550 as well but starting this off I think is ok for awhile..

Hmm I'd let it settle for at least another month before you put another fish in. That's a lot for 3 months. It should take close to a year to stock that tank. Do you have a sump, it doesn't look like that much in the main tank, is there a bunch in the sump?

Yea I have a 55 gal sump it has a sock filter over my return pumps then the 36watt 12x twist uv sterilizer an the aqua c protein skimmer

Back
Top Bottom