Saltwater newbie!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SmokinEzMunny

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone. I am from TN and have always kept a freshwater tank. I really like aquariums and have always kept fish since I was a child. I grew up on Kentucky lake and have always enjoyed the hobby. I have always wanted to set up a saltwater tank but have been a little skittish about it because I have not had much experience with saltwater fish. After doing a little research, I finally decided to plunge into the saltwater reef tank hobby. I have already realized that I have a lot to learn. The life you find in a saltwater tank is so much more exciting and beautiful than what you find in most fresh water set ups. I have also realized that it's much more of a challenge than what a fresh water system is, but I love a good challenge. I have built my own sump/trickle filter with automatic level and fill controls. I am an electrician by trade and if anyone has any questions just ask away. I have joined this site because I already realize that I am going to need help from experienced reefers and am always willing to share any knowledge I have. Look forward to talking with you.

Hey I am new here too just signed up a few days ago and the knowledge I have got from these people/threads is great. Although I don't have a reef tank yet but I am in almost the position as you I have a brand new 55g tank just sitting here and don't know what to do with it yet. I am in the process of looking for a new place so once I move I will set it up.
Welcome to the forum. Hope all goes well for you with the reef.

Back
Top Bottom