Salutations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeathB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey folks! My name is Heath, and I work at a ....petsmart (petsdumb). I don't work in petcare, so I'm not one of those awful people giving out bad advice though. I just got my first aquarium there last summer, and now I've got 3 of the darn things, despite the lack of space in my room, haha. They are a 20, 10, and a 5 gallon. I'm also just trying to start getting into live plants in my aquarium, but its a bit tough to follow what seems to most to be commonsense, and which just baffles me. Anyways, good to be a member! I'l work on my profile more tomorrow after I get home from stocking a crapton of dog food at work.;)

Welcome to the site! If you are looking into getting a planted tank then I would suggest reading some of the articles we have (click the Articles link at the top of the page). Also, I would recommended reading through some of the stickies in the Planted Tanks section.

Welcome to the site! If you are looking into getting a planted tank then I would suggest reading some of the articles we have (click the Articles link at the top of the page). Also, I would recommended reading through some of the stickies in the Planted Tanks section.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I've been reading a lot, but it all sounds a bit hard to follow. CO2, ferts, proper substrates, lighting. Woo boy. :crazyeyes:

It does seem overwhelming at first but once you break it down and take it step by step it really isn't too bad. I made the switch from plastic plants to a full blown high light/high tech set up in a few weeks. It took a lot of reading and patience but it was well worth it!

It does seem overwhelming at first but once you break it down and take it step by step it really isn't too bad. I made the switch from plastic plants to a full blown high light/high tech set up in a few weeks. It took a lot of reading and patience but it was well worth it!

I think for now, I'll just try to keep an eye on my java fern and soon to be coming in the mail java moss, and see how that works out first before I decide to fall deeper down the rabbit hole (and into debt XD)

Welcome to AA. time to learn like crazy and share with the people in the fish section.

Back
Top Bottom