Scared shrimp.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benscott24

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello forum I'm new to this community but had aquariums for a while. I have just set up a new tank after a few years without and this time decided to keep shrimps.
My question is about the relationships between fish and shrimps in a community tank.
I cycled and slowly added fish over a few weeks with a few glowlights and a male betta. I added 2 amino and a bamboo shrimp. Everyone got on great with all the shrimps active and shedding shells so guess they are feeding enough but now I'm fully stocked with fish the shrimps hide all the time. I hardly ever see them even with the lights out. Are they scared of the fish? Apart from that all the fish are super happy and full of energy.
Any advice would be great thanks.

Hi, yeah really happy with the site, just learning my way around. Tank info is on my profile and I will try to figure out how to get it to put it on as a signature.

130 ltr freshwater community tank.
Fluval 305 filter, fluval digital heater.
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 20
PH 6.5 ish
Mix of real and fake plants
Loads of rocks and some bog wood.
6 glowlights
7 cardinals
1 male betta
2 golden rams
2 fat belly mollys
1 male guppy
2 female guppys
1 bamboo shrimp
2 amino shrimps

Its a randome selection of fish but everyone gets on fine no squabbles or fin nipping.

Back
Top Bottom