Setting up yeah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefmob

Aquarium Advice Activist
Set up my 60 gal cube on 19th with

60 pounds of LS
67 pounds of LR uncured
Cpr dual bak-pak
1 korelia 1400 power head

Hi everyone !!!!

Nice! I will be getting my 60g cube hopefully next week! Have any pictures of what you've got so far?

And welcome to the forum by the way!!!

This is my tank and skimmer empty will have to take some mor pics now that it's cycling

Attachments

• image-3959760642.jpg
    image-3959760642.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 46
Very nice! I love the look of the cube!

Were you unable to find a sump to fit underneath for your skimmer and stuff? I have to go with a 14g tank for my sump, silly stand is only 23 inches wide. lol

I have a cube 2 but it's a 90 gal cube but the 23in stand is a killer so I had a lfs make me a custom sump that works out perfectly

Attachments

• image-2131666726.jpg
    image-2131666726.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 55
This is it filled.... No I'm doing everything hang on back... I live in an apt and was scared of the thought of my tank spilling.. Ha actually the hard to find sump for the stand did discourage me when I was considering it...

Attachments

• image-4089012889.jpg
    image-4089012889.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 55
Nice rock! You might wanna point that powerhead more to the surface of the water, will help stabilize your ph. :)

Funny thing u said that I fluctuate from 7.6 to 8. So I defiantly will follow ur advise thanks. Does the whole baking soda thing work too?

In my 125g I also go from 7.8 to 8.0. lol I have poor air exchange in my house though so thats why mine is so low. :) I wouldn't add anything to the tank yet, putting in chemicals can do more harm than good sometimes. You are looking for consistency more than a "magic" number of 8.3 . :-D

Yeah I agree.. I'm going more for an ecosystem than a chemical dump. Except I have been adding a little micro bactor. I think that should be fine right?

Again thanks for the advise!

I got a 4 bulb 24 watt each t5 fixture with controller 2 whites one blue one purple

Should that be good enough for my 60cube doing a mixed reef?

Can I mix t5 and some led strips?

Back
Top Bottom