Seven hundred dollars later ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishWilly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
... but not complaining! My wife gave me two Bettas as a "stocking stuffer" for Christmas. A little stunned, I told her I thought we should rather purchase an aquarium and start a little hobby. Two aquariums later, away we go!

We have a Fluval Edge 12 and a Fluval Edge 6. Living in rural America, our fish selection is limited. I purchased some really cool plants online and we are planting them later this morning.

I had aquariums for years a long time ago but can't really say I was a responsible enthusiast. My water changes back then were limited and I never checked water quality. That has all changed now with my new tanks. I'm retired and have time to be compulsive about this.

We've started out by keeping things simple. We have a couple guppies, some tetras, a couple shark bottom feeders, a couple catfish and a pleco.

I'm learning about water quality and cycling, and will probably have lots of questions along the way. Maybe someday I'll have something to contribute to help others but right now I am a true newbie (again).

Thanks to everyone for participating in this very helpful forum!

… FishWilly from the Oregon Coast

Hi and welcome!

Here is my overgrown jungle 6.6 Edge

60074-albums9764-picture50416.jpg
[/IMG]

This is the beginning

60074-albums9764-picture37583.jpg
[/IMG]

I am most interested in your 12G build, I am considering one also.

Please post pics of all!!! Take pics of your building and progress and post a build thread.

Have you thought about what else to put in there?

Our 6 gallon Fluval Edge at Day 2

We're cycling this new little tank nd will be patient. I'll see if I can figure out how to upload a photo.

Won't be able to check this site very often, I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom