Silver Tip Shark - help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdrmo86

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok I have 3 silver tipped sharks I need to no how often to put salt n ther water an how much I need to put in ther its a 30gl tank an they are turnin black to anyone no about that

mdrmo86 said:
Ok I have 3 silver tipped sharks I need to no how often to put salt n ther water an how much I need to put in ther its a 30gl tank an they are turnin black to anyone no about that

Do you have a test kit? If so what are your paramiters - ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH? Is your tank cycled? How long have you had the fish? Are they the only ones in the tank?

Mumma.of.two said:
Oh and how rude of me! Welcome!!

Lol thank you um I do not have a test kit I do need one tho an I've had the tank sit for bout 6 to 10 weeks an water chang every 2

mdrmo86 said:
Lol thank you um I do not have a test kit I do need one tho an I've had the tank sit for bout 6 to 10 weeks an water chang every 2

May I suggest you get one so you can keep an eye on your parameters. The API freshwater master test kit is good and fairly value for money. I'm assuming you have a dechloinator? I would do a water change now just to make sure. Unfortuately your tank is severely over stocked by the size of the fish at their adult size. I don't know anything about the types of fish you have other than what I have just read up on and it seems they can get quite large and the silver tips are brackish. I'm guessing thats why you are asking about adding salt.

I'm sorry I can't be of any more help but I'm sure someone will come along soon who knows about the care of silver tips.

Yes they are gettin big I'm gettin a 150 gl tha should be just rite for them lol one is about 4 ins now it don't take long when they get to be about 24 ins but thanks for ur time!

Back
Top Bottom